You can see who won the Awards here
Nominations for the Murrindindi Shire Citizen of the Year Awards are open from now until Sunday 2 April 2023. Council encourages all Shire residents to think about an individual or community group that inspires you and to consider nominating them for one of the four Award categories.
This year’s categories are:
- Murrindindi Shire Citizen of the Year
- Murrindindi Shire Senior Citizen of the Year
- Murrindindi Shire Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Group of the Year (our new Community Group of the Year Award category seeks to recognise not-for-profit community groups and organisations who demonstrate outstanding achievements)
The Awards will acknowledge the outstanding contributions of residents and community groups who demonstrate exceptional community spirit and a willingness to help others.
If you know a person or a group that has made a notable contribution to our Shire, recognise their efforts and nominate them for a Murrindindi Shire Citizen of the Year Award. Tell us who inspires you, and how they make our Shire a better place.
Nominations close on Sunday 2 April 2023
Entries will be judged from 11 April, with winners of the Awards announced and presented at council-led events during National Volunteer Week (15-21 May 2023).
Click here to view the check list
Prefer pen and paper? Click here for the printable version.
Please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or return paperwork into Council’s Library and Customer Service Centres . Nominations close on Sunday 2 April 2023.
- How can I nominate?
- What are the Award categories for 2023?
- What is the purpose of the Awards?
- Who is eligible for the Awards?
- How will the Award winners be selected?
- When and where will the Awards be presented?
- How can I find out where the events will be held?
- Can people who have already been considered for an Award in previous years, be nominated for a category?
- What happens if we don't receive nominations for a category?
- What happens with information collected?