The Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 has now been adopted.
The DAMP was developed based on
- an analysis on the feedback we received through our community engagement
- much work and discussion with Council
During August/September we presented a first draft of DAMP online and at a special community forum and made the proposed Plan available for public submissions. We received some great feedback and used this to finalise the Plan. Due to COVID-19 restrictions our face to face pop up kiosks were cancelled.
Calling on all pet owners (and non-pet owners) in Murrindindi Shire! We’d love to hear your thoughts on our draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25, which helps us manage dogs and cats in our Shire.
Your input will guide our approach to registration and desexing, how we handle stray or nuisance animals, overpopulation and education programs for locals.
The plan aims to
- Promote and encourage the responsible ownership of dogs and cats
- Encourage compliance with the Domestic Animals Act 1994, the regulations and related legislation
- Reduce euthanasia rates for dogs and cats
- Maximise the number of dogs and cats that are registered in Murrindindi Shire
- Reduce the potential for dogs and cats to create a nuisance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of animal management services
Share your thoughts on the draft Plan by completing the feedback form.
We encourage you to review the draft Plan before providing your feedback. It is in the Document Library on the right-hand side of this page. Feedback closes at 5.00 pm on Sunday 19 September 2021
Feedback is now closed
Thank you for your submission
Earlier this year we sought community feedback about what you think is important when it comes to animal management. Thanks to everyone who completed the survey, we received more than 100 responses. Your input has helped us to develop a draft DAMP 2021-2025, which is now open for public comment.
All feedback will be considered by Council and will help finalise the Council Plan 2021-2025, ready for adoption at the October 2021 Scheduled Meeting of Council.