Murrindindi Shire Council is pleased to announce the Annual Budget 2021/2022 was adopted by Council on 23 July, 2021. Thank you to community members who provided insight and feedback.
Since March, we have been engaging with the community through the Shaping Our Future campaign to better understand what you value and what your aspirations are for the future of Murrindindi Shire. Your thoughts and ideas have helped us to prepare the Annual Budget 2021/2022.
Key highlights of the draft Budget 2021/2022 include
- $3.5 million on roads and paths
- $123,000 to improve safety at our swimming pools
- $2.5 million to replace Break O’Day Road bridge in Glenburn, the Yea Caravan Park Bridge and the Yarck Road Bridge and widening of Snobs Creek Road
- $417,000 for construction works on the Alexandra Youth Precinct project
- $100,000 to undertake structural stabilisation works and create a meeting room at the Yea Shire Hall at the Yea Shire Hall
- $200,000 to undertake major renewal works at the Alexandra Maternal and Child Health Centre
- $65,000 investigation and design for Kinglake closed landfill
- $80,000 towards programs which relate to the environment and mitigating the effects of climate change.
- Development of a Reconciliation Action Plan so we can better recognise and celebrate the traditional owners of our land.
Public submissions are now closed. Thank you to community members who participated
Those who made a submission had the opportunity to address Council at an Unscheduled Meeting of Council recently held at 6.00 pm on 9 June 2021.
The draft Budget 2021/2022 has been developed based on Local Government Victoria's model to comply with Section 93 and 94 of the Local Government Act 2020.