Red Cross Patient Transport provide a door to door transport service for people who are elderly or have a disability and have no means of transport to non-urgent medical appointments within Victoria.
What opportunities are there?
Driving a Red Cross fleet vehicle you would transport eligible clients from their homes to and from essential medical appointments locally and in Melbourne.
- Be available to commit to rostered drives both locally and to Melbourne
- Provide a safe and comfortable transport service for clients attending their appointments
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of clients
- Support the Patient Transport Convener by communicating roster changes and vehicle maintenance.
What benefits do volunteers bring to your group and organisation?
- Confident driver with knowledge and comfort driving in Melbourne
- Possess good conversation and listening skills and the ability to relate to people from
different backgrounds with ease.
- Are mature, reliable and have confidence to work independently without direct supervision
and to seek support and guidance as required